This article contains the process for printer support.
*NOTE: There is no standard support for printers.
- Most printers are either leased of have a support contract; contact information for hardware support should be listed on a label on the printer itself.
- End users are expected to clear paper jams and refill paper.
- If the paper jam is at DRC and the end user is not comfortable with clearing the jam, add email@example.com to the watch list of the ticket for assistance.
- Toner or ink cartridge are serviced by the Office Supply Team or a vendor. For DRC location Mario Cardillo is the contact for office supplies.
Team should give "best effort" and basic troubleshooting.
- Make sure printer is powered on
- Check indicator lights. If it is flashing an error (or blinking light) you can search google to find out what the issues is by printer model name
- Check to make sure all cables are properly seated.
- Check for paper jam or no paper
- Check the control panel>printer find the printer check to see if offline or if a print job is stuck. If the printer is set to work "offline" remove the check mark. If there is a print job stuck, delete the print job.
- Try sending a test page to the printer.