This article contains the process for adding resources to the VPN portal (share drives and/or web bookmarks).
*Note: By default, the new VPN will not contain published Shared Drives or Web Bookmarks on the landing page. One exception has been made so far – the JDE users will have three web links published. However, users can create their own web bookmarks or share drives in their VPN portal.
1. Log on to https://vpn.daymon.com
- The default VPN portal view should look like this:
Adding web bookmarks:
1. In the Web Bookmarks section, in the right-inside click on the plus sign:
2. In the newly opened window, fill out open fields using the example below and, when done, click ‘Add Bookmark’:
- The end result will look like this:
3. To open the newly created bookmark, a user would either click on the web link or the little square on the right-inside:
IMPORTANT: Step 4 is very important!!!
4. Check the Open bookmark in a new window option.
- The result is self-explanatory.- The Do not display the Web browser’s URL address bar and Do not display the Web browser’s menu and the toolbar are to be considered when IOC is creating a pre-staged bookmark for a specific user group (this requests are to be considered carefully; approval needs to come from NetOps)
Adding Shared Drives:
1. In the Files section of the VPN portal, click on the plus sign on the right inside:
If you know the exact path to the desired folder, type it in the open filed next to the Browse button:
2. In the next window, you can accomplish the same results using two methods:
- Check-off the desired folder and choose Bookmark Selected…
- Click the Bookmark Current Folder option – top right:
3. In the next window, make any changes if necessary:
- The final result should look like this: