Impact - High
This is the process for resetting passwords using the forgot password function for Workday.
- Workday does not work with IE 8 or below, the work around is to use Chrome.
- Walk the user through resetting their password by using the Forgot Password function.
- Ensure the end user is at this location for Workday
a.The employee will need to enter their user name, which is their unique employee ID number.
*NOTE: Everyone in the company may not know their ID.
- If the employee does not know their ID, click KB00089 Retrieving an Associate's User ID
- If the employee cannot answer their challenge questions or the forgot password function is not working, click KB00088 to manually reset the password.
b. The employee will need to answer their challenge questions to verify their identity.
c. Once the challenge questions are answered, the employee will be able to reset their password.
d. A confirmation email will be sent out to for security reasons to inform the employee their password has been reset. Example below:
This is to inform you that we recently processed a password change request for your account.
Protecting your personal information is our ultimate goal. As a precaution, this notification is sent to the email address on file whenever a change is made to your password.
If you did not request a change to your password, please contact us immediately at: