User receives a Java error in Business Objects while using IE11.
- This is caused by the user having a version of Java that is not supported by Business Objects.
Note: Business Objects must be used with IE11, Google Chrome does not support the Java plugin to allow Business Objects to work correctly.
- Close Business Objects.
- Uninstall Java. Start>Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall Programs>Select Java, right click, Uninstall.
- Have the user log into a new session of Business Objects.
- On the Home Page, under applications click “Web Intelligence”
- Business Objects will automatically pull down the proper version of Java.
- Once installed, navigate to Start > Control Panel > Java > Update Ta
- Uncheck “Check for Updates Automatically”.
- Click Apply.