This article contains the process for adding a user to Spreadsheet server locally for legacy machines.
- Before the process below can be completed, a license must be approved by Divyesh Patel from the Finance Department.
- IBM I-Series (AS400) software must be installed first.
- Use Citrix Version when possible
1. Create a ticket and add Divyesh Patel to the watch list of the ticket.
- In the ticket ask Divyesh Patel to verify if the user's license for Spreadsheet Server has been approved.
3. Contact Daymon Core Team member to inform him of the new request.
- Daymon Core Team must assign the license to the user before the process can be continued.
- Access DAY-SMSPW01 or 02
5. In Active Directory add the user to the following groups:
- Access dayspdep01\E811 to install IBM ODBC V6R1 i Access (C5R4 Client Access Windows XP
a. Click Yes
b. Select Custom > Next
c. Select a destination and click Next.
d. Select the components as shown below:
e. Enter IBM iSeries Access for Windows as the shortcut and click Next.
f. Click Next
g. Click Next, leaving all options blank.
7. Install IBM I-Series (AS400) software.
a. Double click the IBM I Access for Windows icon on the desktop.
b. Select ODBC Administration
c. Select the System DSN tab then click the Add button.
d. Double click Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit)
e. Set up General tab as shown below:
- Data source name: Business Data - PROD
- Description: Business Data - PROD
- System: S1028249
f. On Server tab select the Naming Convention and fill-in SQL default library as shown below:
g. Hit Apply then OK to close app.
- Install Spreadsheet Server
- Go to \\storage\Finance\SpreadSheet Server\V11R3M9_Install\Addin
b. Run setup.exe---take defaults
c. Click Run > Next
d. Agree to the license agreement, select the installation folder and click Next.
e. Follow the screenshots below:
9. Go to Start > All Programs > Global Software SSJDE > Spreadsheet server settings.
10. On the PC Databases tab use the Browse button to set the top and bottom sections as show below:
a.Change the fields for Segment Lists File: \\Storage\Finance\SpreadSheet Server\SegmentLists.mdb
- To configure select segmentLists.mdb and click Open.
b. Change the field for Configuration Location: \\Storage\Finance\SpreadSheet Server\SSJDE_V11R3M9
To configure select SSJDEConfig.mdb and click Open.
- Close all open windows.
12. Open Excel, you should see Spreadsheet Server listed along top of Ribbon.
13. Click Spreadsheet Server, the Enable button should be Green.
- Have the user log into the database.
- ID: first initial lastname
- Password: first initial lastname