This article contains the steps to perform to complete the bi-weekly terminated user mailbox export and deletion process.
ATTENTION: The following can only be completed by a Daymon core team member as it requires O365 admin access.
1. Log into Daymon jumpbox (Day-smspw01) and launch Active Directory
2. Select the “Disabled Accounts” OU
3. Click the “Description” column to sort the users in the OU but their description field in ascending
4. Any users that have been disabled (terminated) for over 30 days must have their mailboxes exported and their accounts deleted entailed in the following steps.
Example for steps 3 and 4 below: Their account descriptions should look as follows: Disabled by helpdesk on 01/04/2017 07:25:43, SRQ0460064
5. Navigate to portal.office.com and log in with your Daymon network credentials (Use Internet Explorer browser)
6. Click the “Admin” icon
7. On the left side navigation pane click the “Admin Centers” drop down
8. Click “Exchange”
9. In the resulting console under “compliance management” click “in-place eDiscover & hold.
10. Click the ‘+’ button to start a new query
11. Name the query the month and day of the date you’re completing this task and click “Next”. Example below for January 25th.
12. Click the “+” button
13. Search a user that you want to export and double click their name to add to the list. Once you have all users that need to be exported in the list click “OK”
14. Click "Save"
15.Select the query you just saved and click the export button.
16. Click “Browse” and navigate to the P:\2018 drive and select the folder for the year/month the user was terminated.
18. When prompted enter your Office 365 Daymon credentials and click “OK” to begin the export.
Note: Be sure to use @daymon.com
19. Once the export has completed navigate to the folder that you exported to and rename each exported PST to the users AD logon name.
Note: If there are more than one per user name it “username 1”, “username 2” etc.
20. For each user exported verify that the PST is present on the P:\2018 drive. Then find the user in AD, right click the object and delete the user